I'm pleased to announce my latest Pluralsight course has been released: Building Mobile Apps with Ionic 2, Angular 2, and TypeScript.
The first version of the Ionic framework took the mobile development world by storm and established itself as the most popular open source framework for building cross-platform mobile apps. Built on top of Angular, Ionic enabled developers to write cross-platform mobile apps with the web development tools/frameworks that they were already familiar with. Ionic 2 takes this to a whole new level! Built on top of Angular 2 and TypeScript, Ionic 2 enables developers to take advantage of all the latest advantages of the latest web technologies, as well benefit from all the "lessons learned" in the first version of the Ionic framework.
This is a totally code-focused course. In the beginning of the course, I focus on how you can quickly get started with Ionic 2. After getting started, we build a complete end-to-end app from scratch over the duration of this course which includes navigation, HTTP, numerous Ionic Components, Ionic Native, and more!
- Introduction - This module introduces the Ionic 2 framework. We will cover helpful background context on what Ionic is. We will also preview the app that we will be building throughout this course.
- Getting Started with Ionic 2 - This module introduces getting started with Ionic 2 hands on. We'll cover installation, creating your first project, and running your app with several different mechanisms including deploying directly to a mobile device.
- Navigation - This module introduces Ionic 2 Navigation. We'll first understand the Ionic Navigation Stack and then see how to use it hands-on to navigate to different screens. Advanced navigaton topics will also be shown.
- Working with HTTP and Lifecycle Events - This module covers working with HTTP and Ionic 2 Lifecycle Events. We'll show how to retrieve data from an HTTP Web API with Promises and RxJS, while also providing visual indicators to the user.
- Ionic 2 Components - This module covers the most commonly used Ionics 2 components. We'll cover numerous components including Lists, Buttons, Cards, Grids, DateTime, Toggle, Badges, Alerts, Toasts, and more.
- Ionic 2 Components - Beyond the Basics - This module covers more advanced scenarios for Ionic 2 Components. We'll show numerous components including Events, Pull to Refresh, and Virtual Scroll for large lists. The module will conclude by implementing mapping and driving directions.
- Ionic Native - This module covers Ionic Native which gives you access to the native features of the device. We'll show numerous native plugins including the Camera, Barcode scanner, Accelerometer, Vibration, SQLite, and more.
- Customizing Ionic 2 - This module covers how to customize Ionic 2. We'll customize the colors of the default theme, as well as generate custom app icons and splash screen.
The following is the official description of the course:
Ionic has established itself as the most popular open source framework for building cross-platform mobile apps. This code-focused course explores the exciting new Ionic 2 framework, and shows how to build mobile apps using Angular 2 and TypeScript. In this course, we'll see how to quickly get up and running with Ionic 2. We will then build a complete app from scratch over the duration of the course. The course will cover screen navigation, working with HTTP, numerous Ionic 2 components including advanced scenarios. We will also cover using native device features such as geolocation, the device camera, barcode scanner, accelerometer, and more!
Note: The course was created using the final beta of Ionic 2 and there were some small changes in the RC releases. This Github repository for the course provides all the updates you'll need to be up-to-date with the latest Ionic 2 releases.